Tuesday, October 9, 2007

sleep baby, sleep

Any suggestions for a baby who won't sleep? I know each child is different, but I'm finding it hard to manage during the day because little Kei has these periods at night where he is awake from feeding to feeding. Cameron did this too, but he had his own room and I simply turned down the monitor and left him there. It's becoming difficult to stay in a good mood and get things done in the day and deal with Cameron. I've tried to keep him up in the day, but he turns to spaghetti and refuses to wake up. So some suggestions, tips or any advice would be nice about now! He does have good awake periods in the day, in fact, today he spent about 7 hours up if not more. He should be sleeping more, but all he wants to do is nurse! That explains the 11 ounces he's gained since last Wednesday. 8 pounds 11 ounces now.

2 comments:

CollyWolly said...

Would you say you think he has his days and nights reversed? Maybe not, but one thing that helped Ryan (or at least I like to think it did) was taking him to the sun first thing in the morning. There are supposed to be some endorphines released when you do this. Open the window and let him be in the sun. Then he knows that's daytime and time to be awake. Of course he's going to nap during the day and that's normal for a newborn. They also say that sleep begets sleep so if he takes his naps then he should sleep at night. Well, at least I know what "they say" does that mean that is what "babies do" not exactly, but it's advice anyway- not that I should be the one giving it.

The McNews said...

I guess you could say he has them mixed up. I mean he sleeps a good 3-4 hour stretch, but that is no different than him napping in the day. I've been keeping him up after his later feeding thinking it would help him sleep, but maybe I am doing just the opposite. Thanks for the advice and why wouldn't you give it? You are a mom too! Ryan looks very happy to me :)