Monday, September 29, 2008

My Big Ole Little Boy

12 month Checkup
9/24/08
Height: 29 1/4 inches
Weight: 20 lbs. 9 ozs.

We ARE growing! Almost too fast for my taste, but he's still such a little squirt! Keiler is a very persistent child. When he gets something in his head, by golly he's gonna do it! I love that even though it can mean trouble. He absolutely adores his big brother and that is finally going the other way around too. Cameron is always trying to show little brother how to tee tee in the potty (btw, Cam is sleeping in his underwear from time to time now!), sing our Good Morning Sunshine song to baby bro in the morning, play with him before bed and throw toys in Kei's bed so he can play AND he prays for his little brother in almost all of our prayers! It's so sweet to see them become little buddies. I just hope when we decide to have the next one that it goes the same. Keiler still isn't talking a whole lot, but this kid CAN MOVE! I talked to our pediatrician about my concern for his lack of conversation but he said that both boys behavior is very typical for first born and second born.
Some cute Kei-isms:
  • A la la- I love you
  • Bubba/tac- Cameron...Tac took me a while to figure out....
  • Mommmmma-I'm starving, feed me!
  • Dada-ok, I'm sure you can figure that one out
  • buh bye-that one too
  • ni ni-night night
Kei is a bottomless pit most days...although he's finding that he doesn't care much for veggies and things with course textures. He wasn't so picky before so this is a little bit frustrating. He's very healthy, vibrant and his smile just lights up a room or house! His laugh is so contagious and his curls-Absolutely precious!
Here's some cute pics of recent developments/events or just for the sake of being cute.


Playing in the sand box is OH so fun!
Kei had his first stomach virus late last month. This was at midnight-ish after a bath. That was a LONG night. He's quite a Daddy's boy don't ya think?
I don't think I'd be all that crazy to have those fingers in my mouth either Daddy. Kei was sure having fun though.
Kei really likes Oreo cookies.
No, at this point he hasn't had another haircut. I have a hard time parting with those sweet little angel wings. He got one just the other day though, so I'll post some pics...eventually.

No comments: