Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Eve

This is the first year that Cam sort of gets the concept of Santa and Christmas. We were celebrating Jesus' birthday by reading Cam's new favorite book The Christmas Star. We had lots of fun this Christmas Eve!


Daddy and Keiler playing on the floor.

I tried very hard to get some cute Christmas shots for you, but it's always something as those of you with children surely understand. This was one of my favorites even though Kei is screaming his head off.

Auntie Vikki holding Kei while we sprinkled Reindeer food in the yard for Rudolph. Grammy was our photographer that night. Thanks Grammy!

I know it is blurry, but Cam stole one of Santa's cookies and it was just too cute! "I eat Santa cookie."

I really enjoyed being Santa! Milk and homemade cookies.

I try to get some cute shots and this one just came out beautifully.
We were trying to keep Cam busy. With all the family here he was a bit....two.

Cam had a blast leaving "Reindeer food" in the yard for Rudolph and his pals! Good shot Grammy!

I got to do Reindeer food this year, next year I'll do Santa's cookies.

Daddy did Santa's cookies this year. We figured we'd switch it out so we get to do everything with the boys!

2 comments:

CollyWolly said...

I love blogs. I've seen some of the most interesting Christmas Traditions posted by my friends and family. I've never heard of leaving out food for reindeer. Where does that tradition come from? What do you leave for the "food"?

The McNews said...

Well, it's something my family did off and on; I loved it when the carrots especially looked annihilated,but actually one of my Aunts coworkers gave all the people in her office with kiddos a baggy with oatmeal and glitter. The smell of oats and magic of glitter were to help Rudolph find his way to the house. It had a cute little story on the bag. Cute class gift idea and something we'll do from now on because Cam had so much fun doing it.