Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Be Quiet! I mean it!"

Yeah, you never exactly know the things you say until you have a toddler. Some of the things out of that baby's mouth just absolutely surprise me and crack me up.
Last night we were sitting having dinner and Cameron kept pointing at me and saying, "I mean it mommy, I mean it!" He gets a firm voice and looks me dead in the eye. So I start to explain to him why it's rude for him to talk to his mommy like that and apparently I was talking too much because he interrupts and says, "Be quiet! I mean it!" So everyone at the table quiets immediately, I'm sure to hear my response, but I was laughing so hard. I couldn't even try to hide it. Adam made it sound like I was crying-which I was but not because I was hurt. Cameron thought I was crying too and kept saying, "I'm sorry mommy." "Is mommy sad?" I felt bad but I just could not quit laughing at him. Everyone thought it was so funny. I have a tendency to be a little long winded with my explanations. I come by that honestly, huh Dad? Cameron simply didn't want to hear it and he meant it!

Oh, my camera is messed up...again. So I don't know when I'll know something about that. Till then I'm working on getting videos uploaded from my camcorder.

1 comment:

CollyWolly said...

ha! They do listen to what we say, don't they. Ryan tells me to "knock it off". Words right out of my own mouth. I don't say that one anymore.