Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Creepy and Crawlers

Still no pictures. Sorry. I do have some exciting news though. Kei is crawling! Not hands,knees and belly off the floor but two out of three ain't bad. He's actually scooting along very well and can get to about anything he wants now. That means really watching what Cam has out. Unlike Cameron this one puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. Cam gets so aggravated sometimes when Kei gets a hold of his toys. "Das slaw mommy!" Slaw-slobber. He's eating really well and that's another major difference. He eats just about everything I put in front of him. Those little bitter biscuits and foods like that I can't give him because he devours them. Cam would suck on them and get about halfway done before getting bored, but Kei bites and chews until he gets these chunks in his mouth that choke him. We're gonna start the sippy cup soon.

As for the creepy...Last night we were in the boys room playing and Adam snuck up on me and scared the bejeebers out of me! Cameron thought that was absolutely hilarious and high-fived his daddy and said, "Good job!" Nice, huh? So Cameron left the room and I figured he'd try and scare me but I was busy running my mouth to Adam, who by the way did not warn me that Cam was behind me, that he actually got me good! So he starts heading out the door again and as he's heading out he says, "I'll be right back, I'm gonna get you!" Well at least he warned me.

Potty training is at a stand still. He is no longer having wetting accidents in his pants and he's not pooping in his big boy underwear, but he's not pooping on the potty still. He holds it in and saves it for when he's wearing pull-ups. He will tell me he has to poop, but he won't do it once he's on the potty. So any suggestions?

We're planning our family vacation to San Antonio next month. We'll be doing the River Walk and visiting with some of my aunt's friends from there. we're of course going to Sea World and hopefully the Children's Museum. Adam and I hope to see an IMAX movie. We've been to something similar, but haven't been to a real IMAX. It's really close to where we are staying.

Also, thanks to Heather who came and stayed with us last week helped me organize a routine for the day. It's been really hard to establish a full blown routine with two who are so very different, but I guess I just needed an objective opinion on what was going on here. So things are running smoother around here and I'm not near as frantic. Thanks sis!

That's about it for now. I'll hopefully dig up some pictures to post for kicks and grins.

1 comment:

CollyWolly said...

Keiler cannot be crawling already! Are you serious? Just give it some time with the potty training, he'll get it. At least you aren't changing poopy undies. I expect pictures from Sea World and the rest of the trip so at least take a disposable and make Wallys change them to digital for you. But hopefully you'll get your camera back.