Sunday, February 17, 2008

Potty training...Days 3,4, and 5

So, Thursday started out a lot like Wednesday. He had a couple of accidents, but was still trying to go. That evening when Adam came home from work he took Cam to the bathroom and lo and behold, he went! In fact, he didn't have a single accident the rest of the night. Well, I take that back, he did poop his pants and was very upset about it. I know that will be a whole different issue.

Friday, much to my surprise, he woke up with a dry diaper. We took it off and he went to the toilet. He didn't have a single accident the whole day! I was so very proud. Not bad for the fourth day. Miss Laureen came to visit and cheered him on and I think he liked that after he got over his embarrassment. It was so funny. Laureen came in to visit us and have lunch, and since Cam did so good I tried to get him to tell her that he tee teed in the toilet. When I said that though, he put his hands over his face like, "MOM! I can't believe you just told her that!" It was hilarious. I've NEVER seen him get embarrassed. He blushed and everything. It didn't take him long though to want to show off his newly acquired skill. We had fun with Laureen that day and I even got to sit down and have just good ole girl talk! He wore the same pull up from nap time to bed since it was still dry.

Saturday, I wasn't too hopeful, thinking he was just showing off, but once again he woke up dry and went to the bathroom. This was also our first outing since potty training began. I was a bit nervous, but I put him in a pull up thinking he would for sure dirty it. He didn't! He even tried to go to the restroom there at the party. I was just so shocked. This whole experience has stunned me. We went through another day of being accident free until after dinner. He is having a very hard time with the pooping. He seems alarmed. I bought special treats for that, so maybe if we could at least get a couple under our belt he'll feel better about it.

Today, so far so good. We had to go to the store this morning and we tried before we left and he was dry when we returned and used the bathroom then. I was worried about using the pull ups so much. He seems to be okay, but I do give credit to the underwear for getting him started. It's so nice to only have to change one kids diapers now, lol.

1 comment:

CollyWolly said...

Ok I just have to say that I am so glad you are blogging this. Keep the blogs coming. It sounds like Cam will get this figured out quite easily. It also sounds like you are being very patient with the whole thing and I have to commend you for that.